Woodstock's acclaimed Bear Cafe restaurant offers eclectic New American cuisine, drawing upon the Hudson Valley's bounty.
Appetizers & Salads
- Sopa Seca Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken Soup with Corn Tortillas, Pablano Chilis, Cilantro and Avocado 7
- Beau Soleil Oysters (GF) on the Half Shell 15
- Steamed Prince Edward Mussels (GF) with Tomato Concase, Garlic, Basil, and Pinot Grigio 14
- Lump Crab Cakes with Sweet Corn, Roasted Red Pepers, Lime and Cilantro Served with Aioli 13
- Cripy Fried Calamari with Chili Lime BBQ Sauce, Sweet Red Peppers & Sesame Seeds 12
- Ahi Tuna Tartare with Mango, Wakame Seaweed, Pickeled Ginger and Wasabi Dipping Sauce 15
- Thai Mango and Shrimp Salad with Chilis, Mint & Lemongrass-Ginger Vinaigrette 14
- Mario Batali's Grilled Baby Octopus (GF) with Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Calamata Olives, Toasted Garlic, Capers & Parsley Served with Flat Grilled Polenta 13
- Flat Grilled Jumbo Asparagus Wrapped in Daniele Prosciutto with Olive Oil and Balsamic Glaze 10
- Country Pate with Blackpepper Served with Grain Mustard and Cornichons 11
- French Onion Soup au Gratin 9
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail (4,GF) with Cocktail Sauce and Lemon 15
- Lobster Quesadilla with Manchego Cheese, Roasted Sweet Corn, Guajillo Chili Salsa, and Chopped Avocado 16
- Bear Cafe Green Salad with Baby Arugula, Radicchio and Friseé with Shaved Parmesan, Fine Herbs, Shallots, Lemon and Olive Oil 6
- Warm Baby Spinach Salad (GF) with Red Onion, Green Apples, Bacon Lardons, Hard-Cooked Egg and Red Beets, with Granny Smith Balsamic Vinaigrette 12
- Endive and Watercress with Crispy Polenta Croutons, Gorgonzola, Pears and Cranberry Vinaigrette 11
- Flat-Grilled Trevisano with Goat Cheese, Roasted Beets, Oranges, Mache and Citrus Vinaigrette 11
- Flat-Grilled Bean Curd on Asian Greens with Peanuts, Ginger Crispies and Spicy Thai Dressing 11
- Sunfrost Farms Organic Raw Kale Salad with Black Grapes, Ricotta Salata, Grilled Red Onions and Pignoli Nuts and White Balsamic-Honey Vinaigrette 9
- Salad of Baby Arugula with Raspberries, Crumbled Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, with Grape Seed Oil-Honey Vinaigrette 12
- Bear Café Caesar Salad 9
- with Grilled Chicken 15
- with Shrimp 17
- Pan-Seared Atlantic Swordfish with Tomato Concasse, Leeks, Grain Mustard and Pinot Grigio 26
- Pan-Fried Carolina Shad Roe with Shoe String Potatoes, Hatfield Bacon on Baby Arugula and Trevisano with Lemon 26
- Crispy Eggplant Stack with Shrimp, Feta Cheese, Black Olives, Oregano and Tomato 24
- Beef Bourguignon (GF) The Bistro Classic with Red Wine, Root Vegetables and Brussels Sprouts 26
- French Country-Style Lamb Shank Braised with Zinfandel Served with Crispy Russet Potato and Fennel Hash 25
- Hudson Valley Duck Confit Balthezar (GF) with Honey, Thyme and Grand Marnier Served on Wild Rice with Hazzelnuts and Carmelized Onion 24
- Vindaloo Curry Of Roasted Root Vegetables (V)with Green & Yellow Squash, Garbanzo Beans and Saffron Sofrito Rice 19
- House-Made Organic Pumpkin Ravioli with Portobello Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, Aged Provolone and Butternut Squash 12/19
- Sauteed Organic King Salmon with Maple Dijon and Tamari Glaze. Served with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes 25
- Tony Campanelli’s Local, Naturally Grown Chicken Pan-Roasted with Green Peppercorn Sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 26
- Bear Cafe Filet Mignon (GF) with Port Garlic Sauce, Garlic Mash Potatoes and Stilton Cheese 34
- Pan-Seared USDA Choice 16 oz Black Angus Steak (GF) with Cabernet Sauvignon-Black Peppercorn Butter, served with Crispy Steak Fries with Parmesan Cheese 33
- Grilled Tofu (V) served on Soba Noodles with Napa Cabbage, Shiitake Mushrooms and Scallions served in a White Miso Broth with Lemongrass and Ginger 19
Please note: Due to limited grill space we are unable to offer sandwiches on Saturdays after 6 pm
- Half Pound Wolfe’s Neck Farm Hamburger with Hand Cut French Fries 14.
- Half Pound Wolfe’s Neck Farm Cheeseburger with Hand Cut French Fries and American, Gruyere or Gorgonzola Cheese 15.50
- Grilled Natural Chicken Breast Sandwich with Hand-Cut French Fries and served with Mango Chutney 12.
- Wolfe’s Neck Farm Steak Sandwich served on Garlic Crouton with Hand-Cut French Fries 19.
- Sub Beer Battered Onion Rings, Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Haricot Verts 2.
- Basket of Hand-Cut Fries 7
- Beer Battered Onion Rings 7
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 7
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with Caramelized Onions, Hazelnuts, and Toasted Garlic 7.50
- Warm Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Belgin Chocolate Melt-Away Cake with Oven-Roasted Strawberries & Vanilla Ice Cream
- Nutella and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Hot Fudge Sauce & Fresh Whipped Cream
- Buttermilk Cake with Blueberry Compote and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Almond Crusted Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling
- Super Fudge Brownie with Chocolate Ice Cream, Sea Salt Carmel and Peanut Brittle
- Bear Cafe Classic Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée (GF)
- Fresh Mixed Berries with Whipped Cream (GF)
- Hot Fudge Sundae with Fresh Whipped Cream and Walnuts (GF)
- Vanilla, Chocolate or Coffee Haagen-Daz Ice Cream with Fresh Whipped Cream (GF)
- All 7.50
Please note: Prices and items subject to change without notice.
Chef-owner Eric Mann has arrived as a New American chef by a natural process. Having cooked under (maniacal) French chefs in Manhattan for eleven years, Chef Mann now draws upon fresh local ingredients and international cuisines to employ his classical French technique. The proof is in the pudding! And whatever else finds its way to your table at The Bear Cafe.
What is RSS? Download a free RSS reader for your computer.
Fresh, imaginative, new-American Fare, as well as a lively,,, glamorous?... bar scene