Woodstock's acclaimed Bear Cafe restaurant offers eclectic New American cuisine, drawing upon the Hudson Valley's bounty.
Appetizers & Salads
- Sweet Florida Corn Chowder with Potato, Leeks and Thyme 7
- Beau Soleil Oysters Half Dozen on Half Shell (GF) served on Crushed Ice with Cocktail Sauce and Lemon 15
- Snow Crab Claws (GF) on Crushed Ice with Lemon & Thousand Island Dressing 14
- Steamed Prince Edward Mussels (GF) with Pinot Grigio, Toasted Garlic, and Tomatoes 14
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes (GF) on Vine Ripe Tomatoes with Sauce Vert 14
- Cripy Fried Calamari with Chili Lime BBQ Sauce, Sweet Red Peppers & Sesame Seeds 12
- Mario Batali's Grilled Baby Octopus (GF) with Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Calamata Olives, Toasted Garlic, Capeers & Parsley, Served with FlatGrilled Polenta 13
- Duck and Pork Galantine with Pistachios and Port. Served with Cornichons and Grain Mustard 11
- House-Made Artichoke Raviolis with Butternut Squash, Capers and Brown Butter 9
- Sauteed Maitake Mushrooms with Basil, Toasted Garlic and EVOO. Served with Soft Polenta 12
- French Onion Soup au Gratin 9
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail (4,GF) with Cocktail Sauce and Lemon 15
- Lobster Quesadilla with Manchego Cheese, Roasted Sweet Corn, Guajillo Chili Salsa, and Chopped Avocado 16
- Bear Cafe Green Salad with Baby Arugula, Radicchio and Friseé with Shaved Parmesan, Fine Herbs, Shallots, Lemon and Olive Oil 6
- Endive and Watercress with Crispy Polenta Croutons, Gorgonzola, Pears and Cranberry Vinaigrette 11
- Flat-Grilled Trevisano with Goat Cheese, Roasted Beets, Oranges, Mache and Citrus Vinaigrette 11
- Flat-Grilled Bean Curd on Asian Greens with Peanuts, Ginger Crispies and Spicy Thai Dressing 11
- Sunfrost Farms Organic Raw Kale Salad with Black Grapes, Ricotta Salata, Grilled Red Onions and Pignoli Nuts and White Balsamic-Honey Vinaigrette 9
- Salad of Baby Arugula with Grilled Figs, Crumbled Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, with Grape Seed Oil-Honey Vinaigrette 12
- Sky Farms Organic Warm Baby Spinach Salad with Red Onion, Green Apples, Bacon Lardons, and Hard-Cooked Egg with Granny Smith-Balsamic Vinaigrette 12
- Bear Café Caesar Salad 9
- with Grilled Chicken 15
- with Shrimp 17
- Linguini Frutti Di Mare - Sauteed Shellfish (Shrimp, Scallops and Lobster) with Tomatoes, White Wine, Garlic, Basil and EVOO. Served on Linguini 27
- Pan Roasted Atlantic Halibut (GF) with a "Salsa" of Roasted Fennel, Sweer Peppers, Red Onion, Black Olives, Toasted Garlic and EVOO, Served in A Vegetable Broth 27
- Roast Rack of New Zealand Lamb (8 chops) w/ Herb and Garlic Crumb Crust, Merlot Demiglace and Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes 34
- Le Quebecquois 16oz Veal Chop (GF) Pan Roasted with Lemon &rosemary, Served with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Fingerling Potatoes 32
- Beef Bourguignon (GF) The Bistro Classic with Red Wine, Root Vegetables and Whipped Sweet Potato Rosettes 25
- Hudson Valley Duck Confit Balthezar (GF) with Honey, Thyme, and Grand Marnier, Served on Wild Rice with Hazelnuts and Carmelized Onion 24
- Vindaloo Curry Of Roasted Root Vegetables (V)with Green & Yellow Squash, Garbanzo Beans and Saffron Sofrito Rice 19
- Macrobiotic Organic Long Grain Brown Rice & Vegetables - Maitake Mushrooms, Broccoli, Carrots, Vidalia Onions, Parsnips, Squash & Tahini-Tamari Sauce 19
- House-Made Organic Pumpkin Ravioli with Portobello Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, Aged Provolone and Butternut Squash 12/19
- Pan Seared Organic New Zealand Salmon (GF) with Coconut Curry, Sauteed Kale and Citrus 25
- Tony Campanelli’s Local, Naturally Grown Chicken Pan-Roasted with Green Peppercorn Sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 26
- Bear Cafe Filet Mignon (GF) with Port Garlic Sauce, Garlic Mash Potatoes and Stilton Cheese 34
- Pan-Seared USDA Choice 16 oz Black Angus Steak (GF) with Cabernet Sauvignon-Black Peppercorn Butter, served with Crispy Steak Fries with Parmesan Cheese 33
- Grilled Tofu (V) served on Soba Noodles with Napa Cabbage, Shiitake Mushrooms and Scallions served in a White Miso Broth with Lemongrass and Ginger 19
Please note: Due to limited grill space we are unable to offer sandwiches on Saturdays after 6 pm
- Half Pound Wolfe’s Neck Farm Hamburger with Hand Cut French Fries 14.
- Half Pound Wolfe’s Neck Farm Cheeseburger with Hand Cut French Fries and American, Gruyere or Gorgonzola Cheese 15.50
- Grilled Natural Chicken Breast Sandwich with Hand-Cut French Fries and served with Mango Chutney 12.
- Wolfe’s Neck Farm Steak Sandwich served on Garlic Crouton with Hand-Cut French Fries 19.
- Sub Beer Battered Onion Rings, Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Haricot Verts 2.
- Basket of Hand-Cut Fries 7
- Beer Battered Onion Rings 7
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 7
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with Caramelized Onions, Hazelnuts, and Toasted Garlic 7.50
- Belgin Chocolate Melt-Away Cakewith Oven-Roasted Strawberries & Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Custard with Ginger Snap Crust, Hot Fudge and Fresh Whipped Cream
- Carmel Pumpkin Blondie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Cinnamon Creme Anglaise
- Chocolate Espresso Souffle Roll with Hot Fudge Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sundae with Fresh Whipped Cream and Walnuts
- Fresh Mixed Berries with Whipped Cream
- Vanilla, Chocolate or Coffee Haagen-Daz Ice Cream with Fresh Whipped Cream
Please note: Prices and items subject to change without notice.
Chef-owner Eric Mann has arrived as a New American chef by a natural process. Having cooked under (maniacal) French chefs in Manhattan for eleven years, Chef Mann now draws upon fresh local ingredients and international cuisines to employ his classical French technique. The proof is in the pudding! And whatever else finds its way to your table at The Bear Cafe.
What is RSS? Download a free RSS reader for your computer.
Fresh, imaginative, new-American Fare, as well as a lively,,, glamorous?... bar scene