Woodstock's acclaimed Bear Cafe restaurant offers eclectic New American cuisine, drawing upon the Hudson Valley's bounty.
Appetizers & Salads
- Spring Asparagus Soup with Creme Fraiche 7
- Steamed Prince Edward Mussels (GF) with Tomato Concase, Garlic, Basil, and Pinot Grigio 14
- Cripy Fried Calamari with Chili Lime BBQ Sauce, Sweet Red Peppers & Sesame Seeds 12
- Seared Carpaccio of Angus Beef with Roasted Peppers, Ricotta Salada and EVOO 12
- Pate De Champagne with Black Pepper Served with Grain Mustard and Cornichons 10
- House Made Artichoke Raviolis with Butternut Squash, Capers and Brown Butter 12
- Flat Grilled Jumbo Asparagus Wrapped in Daniele Prosciutto with Olive Oil and Balsamic Glaze 10
- French Onion Soup au Gratin 9
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail (4,GF) with Cocktail Sauce and Lemon 15
- Lobster Quesadilla with Manchego Cheese, Roasted Sweet Corn, Guajillo Chili Salsa, and Chopped Avocado 16
- Bear Cafe Green Salad with Baby Arugula, Radicchio and Friseé with Shaved Parmesan, Fine Herbs, Shallots, Lemon and Olive Oil 6
- Warm Baby Spinach Salad (GF) with Red Onion, Green Apples, Bacon Lardons, Hard-Cooked Egg and Red Beets, with Granny Smith Balsamic Vinaigrette 12
- Endive and Watercress with Crispy Polenta Croutons, Gorgonzola, Pears and Cranberry Vinaigrette 11
- Flat-Grilled Trevisano with Goat Cheese, Roasted Beets, Oranges, Mache and Citrus Vinaigrette 11
- Flat-Grilled Bean Curd on Asian Greens with Peanuts, Ginger Crispies and Spicy Thai Dressing 11
- Sunfrost Farms Organic Raw Kale Salad with Black Grapes, Ricotta Salata, Grilled Red Onions and Pignoli Nuts and White Balsamic-Honey Vinaigrette 9
- Salad of Baby Arugula with Raspberries, Crumbled Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts, with Grape Seed Oil-Honey Vinaigrette 12
- Bear Café Caesar Salad 9
- with Grilled Chicken 15
- with Shrimp 17
- Woodstock Meats Sweet Italian Sausage, Oven Roasted Roma Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil and Parmesan On Linguini 19
- Pan-Seared Atlantic Swordfish with Leeks, Tomato Concasse, Pinot Grigio, Grain Mustard and Shoestring Potatoes 25
- San Francisco Cioppino - The Fisherman's Wharf Classic with Lobster, Crab Meat, Scallops, Mussels, and Jumbo Shrimp in a Garlicky Tomato-White Wine Ragu 30
- Rack of New Zealand Lamb with Fresh Herb and Garlic Crust, Merlot Demiglace & Garlicky Mashed Potatoes 34
- Beef Bourguignon - The Bistro Classic with Red Wine, Root Vegetables and Whipped Sweet Potato Rosettes 25
- Hudson Valley Duck Confit Balthezar (GF) with Honey, Thyme and Grand Marnier Served on wild rice with Hazelnuts and Carmelized Onions 24
- Vindaloo Curry Of Roasted Root Vegetables (V)with Green & Yellow Squash, Garbanzo Beans and Saffron Sofrito Rice 19
- House-Made Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sauteed Baby Arugula, Radicchio, Sundried Tomatoes and Shaved Parmesan 12/19
- Sauteed Organic King Salmon with Maple Dijon and Tamari Glaze. Served with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes 25
- Tony Campanelli’s Local, Naturally Grown Chicken Pan-Roasted with Green Peppercorn Sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes 26
- Bear Cafe Black Angus Filet Mignon (GF) with Port Garlic Sauce, Garlic Mash Potatoes and Stilton Cheese 34
- Pan-Seared USDA Choice 16 oz Black Angus Sirloin (GF) with Cabernet Sauvignon-Black Peppercorn Butter, served with Crispy Steak Fries with Parmesan Cheese 33
- Grilled Tofu (V) served on Soba Noodles with Napa Cabbage, Shiitake Mushrooms and Scallions served in a White Miso Broth with Lemongrass and Ginger 19
Please note: Due to limited grill space we are unable to offer sandwiches on Saturdays after 6 pm
- Half Pound Wolfe’s Neck Farm Hamburger with Hand Cut French Fries 14.
- Half Pound Wolfe’s Neck Farm Cheeseburger with Hand Cut French Fries and American, Gruyere or Gorgonzola Cheese 15.50
- Grilled Natural Chicken Breast Sandwich with Hand-Cut French Fries and served with Mango Chutney 12.
- Wolfe’s Neck Farm Steak Sandwich served on Garlic Crouton with Hand-Cut French Fries 19.
- Sub Beer Battered Onion Rings, Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Haricot Verts 2.
- Basket of Hand-Cut Fries 7
- Beer Battered Onion Rings 7
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes 7
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with Caramelized Onions, Hazelnuts, and Toasted Garlic 7.50
- Warm Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Belgin Chocolate Melt-Away Cake with Oven-Roasted Strawberries & Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake with A Rum Carmel Sauce
- Boston Cream Cake with Toasted Coconut and Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Pot de Creme with Hazelnut Almond Biscotti and Fresh Whipped Cream
- Peanut Brittle Ice Cream Cake with Sea Salt Carmel
- Bear Cafe Classic Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée (GF)
- Fresh Mixed Berries with Fresh Whipped Cream (GF)
- Hot Fudge Sundae with Fresh Whipped Cream and Walnuts (GF)
- Homemade Strawberry & Mint Sorbet
- Vanilla, Chocolate or Coffee Haagen-Daz Ice Cream with Fresh Whipped Cream (GF)
- All 7.50
Please note: Prices and items subject to change without notice.
Chef-owner Eric Mann has arrived as a New American chef by a natural process. Having cooked under (maniacal) French chefs in Manhattan for eleven years, Chef Mann now draws upon fresh local ingredients and international cuisines to employ his classical French technique. The proof is in the pudding! And whatever else finds its way to your table at The Bear Cafe.
What is RSS? Download a free RSS reader for your computer.
Arguably the best restaurant in the region